Seafood Tapas salad
Tapas Recipe Ingredients
- 175g fine green beans
- 250g mixed prepared and cooked seafood (such as mussels, cockles, squid and prawns), thawed and drained if frozen
- 5 gherkins, finely chopped
- 12 pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 heads of chicory
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 225g large tomatoes, skinned and diced
- ½ small cucumber, finely diced
- 1–2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1.First make the dressing. Whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a bowl with a little freshly ground black pepper to taste. (No salt is needed for seasoning as both the gherkins and olives will add salt to this dish.) Add the red onion and stir to coat, then add the remaining dressing ingredients. Mix together and set aside.
2.Cook the beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain in a sieve, then refresh under cold running water to prevent further cooking. Cut the beans in half, then put them in a large serving bowl with the seafood, gherkins and olives. Spoon over the salsa dressing and gently mix together.
3.Separate the chicory into individual leaves and tuck them around the edge of the salad. Serve straight away.